Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our Wedding Invites


One of our largest Labor of Love of our wedding were our invites. We are really happy how they turned out. Thankfully, my husband is a designer and has a way with Illustrator. If I weren't so lazy, I would really start looking for Illustrator/ Photoshop classes. I think I have worn out my favors from the Hubs on Invites to Baby Showers, Wedding Showers, etc.



Oh So Beautiful Paper was a HUGE inspiration with our wedding invites. It is incredible to see such creative ideas from so many artists and just plain olDIY couples. Technically, I have no creative abilities. However, I do have pretty good taste so I guess that is my contribution to these invites. (wink!) Our vision for the invites and special day was rustic/spring.

Materials and Vendors:
Cheesecloth bags from La Melange, Inc.
Screen print designed and printed by us.
Bakers Twine ordered from Etsy Vendor, Whisker Graphics
Wood Veneer ordered from Cards of Wood in Michigan .
Envelopes from Packaging Supplies.Com
Small info card stamped from Michaels.
Letterpress by Volta Press.

Most of our inspiration came from:
http://beautifulpaper.typepad.com/oh_so_beautiful_paper/2009/08/real-invitations-carolyn-alan.html
http://beautifulpaper.typepad.com/oh_so_beautiful_paper/2008/10/rustic-ranch-wedding-invitations.html



2 comments:

  1. For those who didn't actually receive an invitation, these pictures don't show how really creatively beautiful they were. The save the date card was totally unique and clever. Anyone who reads this and is planning a wedding should contact Katie an Nate for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh- thanks! I should post the STD maybe too.

    ReplyDelete