Saturday, August 7, 2010

Can I "do" Burning Man?



So whenever people ask me when I am going to have a baby, I tell them.. "after we go to Turkey, Tailand, and Burning Man." In the back of my head I have always thought that planning a trip to Turkey (which is 7500 miles away and approx 20 hours of travel time) seems more tangible than going to Burning Man (which is less than 400 miles and about 5 hours of driving time) away.
It has always seemed so much bigger than me and am I really creative enough? Could I even survive in a place where you can't spit out your toothpaste water on the ground? Could I really go #2 in a liter box in order to escape port-o-potties? And let's not dismiss the serious inadequacies: I don't know how to walk on stilts, I don't have a crew of friends to dress in fuzzy bunny costumes with, I don't know if my husband will approve of me wearing faux fur legwarmers these days, and I don't think we have enough time to make a paper mache shark monster to fit on a bike.



However... it is really starting to feel like this might actually be able to happen for me this year. Considering the fact that I actually thought up the liter box idea myself gives me hope that maybe I CAN do this! I really want to go to experience the crazy magic of it all. And, hey... I am going to be 30 years old ( omg! after I am 30, I will be too old to use o.m.g. anymore) Nothing rings bringing in your 30s like a little house dancing. Am I right? Or am I right?I am working on a survivalist to-do list now. Bikes, Tarps, art suppliers, etc. Maybe I try out some Hobo dinners sooner than later.

Will update on how the fuzzy bunny costumes come along. I think I need to blog about a DIY project soon.....


UPDATE: I CAN AND I AM "Doing This!"

2 comments:

  1. fun! happy to visit your blog. hope you stop by mine and say hello.

    m.fay
    http://www.amateurcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, Turkey! You gotta call me before you go! I can give you tips of course.. ;) Esin

    ReplyDelete